Under the patronage of the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU, the Slovenian Business and Research Association in Brussels (SBRA), the European Office of Cyprus – Brussels Office, NCBR Office in Brussels –Business & Science Poland, Eötvös Loránd University and the National Research, Development and Innovation Office in Hungary have the pleasure to invite you to participate in the virtual information event.
In the first part, the Slovenian presidency and the representative of the research organisation will present their views on the importance of the widening programme.
The second part of the event, will be dedicated to the presentation of the experiences of the previous widening projects and the discussion on how to best achieve the following key objectives of the Horizon Europe Widening participation programme:
- Encourage institutional reforms and transformation processes of the R&I system at national and regional level in widening countries in line with ERA principles;
- Mobilise national investments in R&I capacity in widening countries;
- Raise the bar for excellence of R&I actors in widening countries in partnership with outstanding European and international institutions (‘win-win situation’);
- Increase number of participations and success rates of widening actors in research and innovation projects in other parts of Horizon Europe (notably in pillars 2 and 3);
- Promote the creation of new innovation ecosystems and scale up existing ones by a set of measures, which include, among other, place based and international collaboration between academia and business in widening countries;
- Foster brain circulation, including inter-sectoral mobility for researchers and innovators and turn it into brain gain for widening countries.
In the third part of the event, the first two destinations of the working programme Widening participation and strengthening the European Research Area will be presented:
- Improved access to excellence;
- Attracting and mobilising the best talents.